Egerton University Recruitment 2018 for Chief Legal Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Public Egerton University 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Egerton University 2018
Egerton University was founded in 1939 as Egerton Farm School and was upgraded to an Agricultural College in 1950. In 1986, the Agricultural College became a constituent College of the University of Nairobi. It was elevated to a University in 1987 through an Act of Parliament.
Since its inception, the University has registered significant expansion in student numbers, academic programmes and physical facilities. Currently the University has a student population of over 15,000 and a staff number of 1,900 and consists of four campuses (Njoro, Nakuru Town, Nairobi City and Baringo Campuses)
The University invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following posts
EU/DVC/APD/2018 – 0605
Qualifications for the Chief Legal Officer Job
Applicants must have the following academic/professional qualifications:
- Must be a holder of Masters degree in Law
- Be a holder of CPS (K) or any other equivalent qualification with a good standing with the professional body.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must be a Commissioner of Oaths and Notary Public
- Must have eight (8) years relevant experience
- Must be a member of Law Society of Kenya with a valid Practicing certificate
- Have good negotiation skills
- Be conversant with legal audit processes
- Being a member of the Institute of Arbitrators of Kenya will be an added advantage
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution
- The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration, Planning and Development.
Chief Legal Officer Job Responsibilities
- He/she will In charge of all legal matters for the University and will be required to offer the necessary legal advice, interpret general University statutes, terms and conditions of service and any other documents, negotiate , draft, review all agreements and contracts between the University and other parties.
The appointment will be on a three (3) year contract renewable based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply
More information on the posts and mode of application can be found on the University website: http://www.egerton.ac.ke. Application letter together with two (2) copies of each giving full details of age, marital status, academic certificates, transcripts, certified copies of the current payslip, curriculum vitae and professional qualification, experience, current post, salary, other financial benefits and names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom should be your present or previous employer. Applicants for positions in Grade 13 and above to attach copies of clearance certificates from the following Institutions:
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Kenya Revenue Authority
Criminal Investigations Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
Applicants should quote the reference number of the position applied for on the envelope and address to:-
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
(Administration, Planning & Development)
P.O. Box 536 – 20115
So as to reach him not later than 15th June, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Egerton University is an equal opportunity employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: