Duma Works Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Procurement Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Duma Works Job Vacancy. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Duma Works Job Vacancy 2018
Senior Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Supplier Identification:Find and review potential suppliers of stock items to be bought locally and internationally to ensure quality products from suppliers under good terms, e.g. Credit. and present your review in a structured report to enable effective decision making.
- Procurement Projects: Review opportunities for improving Procurement, such as changing local supplier or moving to bulk purchase of an item Stock Management.
- Forecasting: Review and understand past and future stock movements at SolarNow, through which you work on accurate forecasting of order requirements for products sourced internationally.
- Payment Planning: You review order requirements to enable accurate cash requirement planning across months, you further ensure that cash requirement is within constraints given by finance Order Management.
- Overview: Track all orders made against key requirements set in the order overview to enable accurate tracking of orders and supplier management. You identify key trends in the data tracked and share ideas with your manager for improvements.
- Order Placement: Get quotations from suppliers for orders, based on the forecast, and ensure accurate paperwork to place orders within a risk free Procurement environment.
- Order Production, Inspection and Shipping: You work with the supplier and chosen shipping agents to ensure no delays and correct paperwork during the order process.
- Review of shipping in a structured report to enable effective decision making. Use the information from shipping reports to actively identify alternative Management and Coaching.
- Reporting: Prepare weekly report on time to enable accurate tracking of your work and the Procurement team
- Quality Assurance: Review work done by Junior Officers to ensure it meets requirements
- Performance Monitoring: Track and review the performance of Junior Officers to ensure optimal team performance
- Mentoring and Coaching: Support the development of Junior Officers through Required Skills and Competencies.
- Client/Customer Awareness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Listening Skills
- Organizing/Planning Ability
- Personal Work Ethic
- Attention to Detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Team work and relation building ability
- Good communication skills
Qualifications for the Senior Procurement Officer
- Candidate must have preferably a degree in Bachelors in Procurement and supply Chain management, Procurement and Logistics or similar field.
- Certified Professional Purchaser accreditation is a must.
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to[email protected] marking the subject as “3342”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3342 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 31 May 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: