Duma Works Job Vacancy 2018 for Farm Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Duma Works Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Duma Works Job Vacancy 2018
Duma Works is recruiting a Farm Manager for one of our clients to work on a farm in Eldoret.
Farm managers are responsible for rearing farm animals, tending crops, maximizing total yield, managing farm equipment supply, overall budget activities, on-field staff, and administrating the farm activities. They have to provide both technical and practical assistance regarding the farm management and make appropriate business for obtaining higher profitability.
The main component of the farm can bearable, dairy, livestock, or a combination of these. Crops range includes cereals, grains, oilseeds, vegetables, and/or salad crops. Livestock includes cows, pigs, sheep, or poultry.
Farm Manager Job Responsibilities
- Deciding the type of crops to be planted, its quality, quantity, and mode of harvest, preparing detailed plans regarding its planting and harvesting schedules, and collaborating with farm operators for carrying out these activities.
- Planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameters
- Performing laborious farm activities like driving tractors on the field, operating field based machinery and equipment, spraying fertilizers on the field, managing livestock, etc.
- Hiring the full time / temporary field workers for tilling the ground, managing harvest, feeding livestock, and other minor duties as required, and managing the work schedule, wages, etc., of these workers accordingly
- Buying the farm supplies like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and food for livestock and arranging the repair and maintenance of field equipment, machinery, farm buildings, etc.
- Managing the sales and marketing of farm products like crop harvest, livestock, and dairy production, and planning the production yield on scheduled time for sending it at market auctions within the specified deadline
- Monitoring the production and yield quality of crops and livestock, maintaining animal health and welfare as per the guidelines from regulatory authorities, and keeping up-to-date knowledge on plants and animal pests and diseases, and taking appropriate measures for curing the same
- Monitoring the health and safety measures undertaken by the farm estate, keeping track of the health and safety of workers and other staff, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required
- Monitoring the entire production activities, making sure that the actual production is in accordance with production goals set and identifying and correcting the field production issue if the actual production is not in accordance with production goals
- keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintain a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
Requirements for the Farm Manager Job
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:-
- Should have at least three (3) years experience as a farm manager
- Should be ready to work and reside on the farm.
- Should have excellent managerial skills.
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3519”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3519 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 21 November 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: