Dorbe-Leit Solutions Limited Job Vacancy for Design & Installation Engineer, Application Details
Our client is a rental dealer and distributor of high quality, versatile, stylish freeform tents & canopies for punctual use and semi-permanent installations in the residential and public sectors. They work closely with event management companies to create structures that transform spaces special to the event by offering outdoor Sun & Rain protection systems.
They are looking for a young, innovative, creative, multi-talented and passionate Design & Installation Engineer to complement their design & engineering team. The jobholder will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The Design & Installation Engineer is responsible for designing, evaluating and oversees the installation of tensile steel structures and fabrication of drawings.
Design & Installation Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Verify and review concepts/drawings by comparing it to project contract documents, tender drawings and specifications.
- Form finding-Evaluate the geometry of stressed membrane surfaces to generate the desired shape or form and ensure slope against water ponding.
- Evaluate structural analysis, loading calculations & drawings
- Design of steel connections – bolted and/or welded connections, design of base plates and anchor bolts.
- Design of Foundations – concrete design of pedestal and footing to determine the safe/economic size of footing and calculating the diameter and spacing of steel reinforcements.
- Preparation of 3D structural models and shop fabrication drawings and method statements
- Liaise with clients/consultants/subcontractor and authorities
- Attend subcontractors, client progress meetings
- Site co-ordination and supervision of installations.
- Progressive site updates to management
- Any adhoc duties as assigned
Qualifications for the Design & Installation Engineer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil and structural engineering or related.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in structural engineering design.
- Proficiency with steel analysis and design, AutoCAD 3D, Rhino, SAP2000, etc.
- Ability to produce detailed drawings.
- Experience in tensile membrane, ETFE, Spaceframe and steelwork design is an advantage
- Strong personal characteristics and be commercially minded, with the ability to work with a very wide range of people include company management, staff, suppliers, customers and external contractors.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on all levels.
- Task prioritisation, team working and analytical skills.
- Able to produce detailed drawings
- Keen eye for detail
- Leadership skills
- Initiative and creative
- Customer service
- Interpersonal and team player skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Aggressive, assertive and adaptable
- Business Acumen
Salary Package: Kshs. 50, 000 Gross
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 8th December 2017.Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE: