Dorbe – Leit Job Vacancy 2018 for Solar Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Dorbe – Leit job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Dorbe – Leit Job Vacancy 2018
Our client is a limited start-up limited company with a focus in undertaking infrastructure projects in the Energy & ICT with a reputation for delivering quality services to its clientele.
Are you a young seasoned Solar Engineer who is innovative, analytical, result oriented, ambitious, resourceful and imaginative with the desire to challenge yourself? Are you interested in being part of a team focused towards transforming the infrastructure sector in Kenya and beyond? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Solar Engineer who will be reporting to the Technical Manager.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for performing site-specific engineering analysis or evaluations of energy efficiency & solar projects, applying knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates & solar technology.
Solar Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Carry out Prefeasibility and Feasibility site information collection and analysis
- Develop Feasible Technical Models for Solar sites for optimal production using PVSyst modelling tools.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Design or develop Solar PV Systems.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, batteries and other accessories
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Any other duties as assigned to you by the Senior Engineer – Electrical from time to time.
Requirements for the Solar Engineer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- ERC T3 Solar PV Technician Certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ of relevant work experience in a similar role or a solar design related position is highly desirable.
- Microsoft office proficiency, especially Excel & MS Project
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & a PV design software design software is highly desirable
- Great Organizational and Time Management
- Team working
- Time management
- People management skills
- Report writing skills
- Project management skills
- Strong relational intelligence
- Interpersonal communication & writing skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: