DNA Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Credit, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for DNA job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
DNA Job Vacancy 2018
- Job Reference H.O.C./2018
The Head of Credit is responsible for planning and coordinating the SACCO’s Credit function. Specifically, the management of credit risk and maintenance of risk appetite levels defined by the Board of directors.
The Head of credit owns and is accountable for all SACCO’s credit risks arising from commercial credit activities and for maintaining risk tolerance levels for each credit portfolio.
Duties for the Head of Credit Job
- Lead in the development and implementation of Credit Strategy for the SACCO.
- Provide oversight in credit risk management of the SACCO’S personal loans, agribusiness loans, asset-finance loans etc.
- Provide guidance on credit portfolio rebalancing in line with Board approved risk appetite
- Cascade the organizations corporate strategy into a departmental strategy and develop appropriate performance metrics applicable to the credit team
- Provide leadership and management of the credit team supported by a team of portfolio managers
- Review performance of the credit management department
- Monitor and ensure credit quality and help formulate credit policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain controls for underwriting and loan administration
- Any Other Lawful Duties As May Be Assigned From Time To Time By The C.E.O.
Head of Credit Job Requirements
- Proven experience, as a credit manager or similar role.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices in credit management
- Ability to meet business targets and goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty.
- Must be empathic to customer needs.
- Be decisive and possess quick judgement skills
- Be proactive and initiative.
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player
- Must be self-motivated.
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Education: Formal Qualifications
- Have a relevant degree
- Certifications in credit, accountancy et cetera will be added advantage
- Be between 35-40 years of age.
- At least six (6) years relevant experience in the same or related position ina licensed deposit taking SACCO or preferably in a supervisory capacity from a Commercial Bank.
Possession of a Certified Credit Professional Certificate will be an added advantage.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV& I.D. Card (in PDF format as one document) clearly indicating the job title on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 5th October 2018 at 6.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: