DNA Job Vacancy 2018 for Business Development Officer (2 Posts), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for DNA job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
DNA Job Vacancy 2018
Job Reference B.D.O./2018
The incumbent is expected to work to improve on the SACCO’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person implements long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relatipnships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
To work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the SACCO. To identify potential new customers, make presentations to them, convert business opportunities and continue to grow business in the future.
Manage existing members and ensure they stay satisfied and positive, identify clients future needs.
He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the SACCO. Planning is part of this job description, since it is the Business Development Officer’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the SACCO. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the products/services the SACCO can provide, and of the competitors.
Roles for the Business Development Officer Job
- New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new members and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential members by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential members, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between members decision makers and SACCO’s management team.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the member’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the products and services.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the member.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Business Development Officer Job Requirements
- Be of exemplary integrity and honest
- Have excellent persuasion, and networking skills
- Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
- Possess excellent business writing skills
- Possess market knowledge and meeting sales goals,
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to motivate and mentor a team
- Be a team player
- Be proactive and possess initiative
Education: Formal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Certifications in either Marketing/CPA/CPS
- A relevant Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years previous experience in the fields of sales/sales management/sales support/Marketing
- Be 35-40 years of age
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement to date together with your CV& I.D. Card (in PDFformat as one document) clearly indicating the job title on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th October 2018 at 6.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: