Digital Divide Data Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Global Operations, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Digital Divide Data Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Digital Divide Data Job Vacancy 2018
As the recognized founder of the global “impact sourcing” industry, DDD transforms lives through running a socially responsible BPO firm. Our mission is to run sustainable training and employment programs which provide a path to lifelong opportunity. We have an engaged, motivated workforce of over 1,500 people that allows our clients to be more efficient and globally competitive. From a small data entry operation in Cambodia founded in 2001, the company now offers a wide range of digital content and technology services. DDD is the largest technology-related employer in Cambodia and Laos and recently won Kenya’s Vision 2030 Award for the Best BPO.
For nearly two decades, DDD has provided content, data, and technology services to world’s leading organizations and enterprises, including universities and research institutions, cultural heritage organizations, nonprofits and NGOs, and commercial enterprises. DDD’s unique Impact Sourcing model has developed a growing network of young professionals and propelled thousands of families out of poverty.
Given some large recent new clients and the advances in machine learning and other technology, we have an aggressive plan to grow in the coming years.
Position level: Senior Management (reports to CEO/President)
Compensation: Salary (negotiable), relocation coverage, healthcare plan, long-term bonus plan
Location (negotiable): Kenya is our most preferred location for this role. The role entails traveling up to 40% of the time to work with the DDD offices, subcontractors and clients.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
DDD seeks a Head of Global Operations to join its senior management team. This position reports to the CEO/President and holds both strategic and tactical roles in managing all operations function across DDD. These include operations in Cambodia, Laos, and Kenya with over 1,500 total staff with a possible expansion to India, United States, and the Philippines. DDD also has ongoing relationships with subcontractors located throughout Asia and Africa. The Head of Global Operations manages these operations through direct reports individually responsible for each location.
- Deliver financial results and operational excellence:
- Assume responsibility for delivering projected gross margins for DDD’s business.
- Direct and lead operations function to successfully deliver contractual obligations, meet agreed service levels, and perform on key performance indicators/project milestones, for example, productivity improvement, quality, on-time delivery, responsiveness to customers.
- Optimize existing operations by implementing operational efficiencies leading to sustainable margin improvements.
- Drive organic growth through high customer satisfaction and provide customer facing delivery leadership.
- Lead DDD’s business operations team:
- Supervise the leadership of all business operating departments including Production, Project Management, Quality, IT and Solutions.
- Set goals for and manage performance of the management, staff, vendors.
- Respond to the demands of growth and catalyze growth by developing and implementing delivery strategies around new planned service offerings
- Lead IT and Solutions:
- Provide ownership and leadership for IT infrastructure and security, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Build and manage IT groups that develop the software necessary to support production and process engineering in operations.
Provide domain and technical thought leadership, develop solutions and resource competencies to meet client requirements.
- Develop and implement strategic operations plans:
- Participate in strategic planning, program development, and decision-making as a member of the Senior Management team.
- Lead expansion of operations at both the strategic and tactical level as the business continues its organic growth.
- Maintain DDD’s technology and skills roadmap in support of new service offerings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
- 10+ plus years of relevant delivery leadership experience in leading BPO services delivery including, but not limited to managing and scaling multi-country, multi-location BPO operations with headcount of 5000+ FTE’s.
- Possesses strong business and industry acumen with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proven ability in developing reporting of results, insights gained and implementing a continuous improvement process and culture.
- Be a ‘change agent’ in using technology, tools, and processes to transform delivery operations into a competitive advantage.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multicultural environment. Possess extensive experience managing large groups; experience managing staff divided among multiple locations preferred.
- Proven ability to attract high quality operations talent across all levels in the Operations team.
- 10+ years of relevant domain expertise in content digitization and data services.
- Experience in machine learning and AI services including training data services, computer vision, and natural language based offerings will be highly valued and experience in AWS Cloud is an advantage.
- Be passionate about making a social impact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Digital Divide Data (DDD Kenya) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: