DHL Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Air Freight
DHL Global Forwarding is looking for a Head of Air Freight (AFR), based in Kenya, who will define, implement and execute AFR strategy in country and manage and drive performance of AFR Product and operation team.
He/she must ensure effective end-to-end capacity management (incl. optimization of procurement and consolidation) and negotiate key contracts. He/she will also be responsible for pricing and internal rates.Reporting to: Country Manager Kenya.
• Drives implementation of AFR strategy in country (translates requirements, implements, ensures realization of strategy and monitors);
• Directs and controls activities performed to effectively manage end-to-end capacity for AFR (procure capacity, plan and control network);
• Performs negotiation of key contracts with carriers;
• Ensures optimization of network procurement and implementation of all consolidation opportunities;
• Sets, communicates and follows KPIs to ensure constant improvement of capacity management;
• Creates, develops and maintains good relationships with service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level;
• Escalates carrier performance issues when required;
• Directs and controls all pricing activities required at country level;
• Supervises identification and implementation of new products within country;
• Supports Sales in interaction with key customers;
• Ensures efficient communication and information exchanges with Sales;
• Provides input on solution design and service elements;
• Ensures efficient communication and information exchanges with regional/global AFR Management;
• Sets and monitors objectives in terms of profitability maximization and volume growth (e.g. on ITM lanes);Customers and StakeholdersCreates, develops and maintains good relationships with service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level.Process ImprovementResponsible for constant improvement and optimization of production means (cost management) and operational and service level quality.
Develop and roll out financial and operational KPI reports. Follow up on specific countries.People management- Develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost consciousness;-
Develop a team spirit and multitasking capabilities within the team;- Plan, organise and direct an efficient and effective function;-
Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance;-
Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching;- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in areas of AFR management;
• Exceptional knowledge of the Air Freight and Forwarding Industry;
• Relevant experience in Sales, Business Development and Logistics;
• Experience in working with multiple countries and managing diverse teams;
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant topic;
• Very Fluent in English.
- The role will be available to Nationals only;
- There will be no relocation provided(internal/external).
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: