Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung Job Vacancy 2019 for National Department Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung Job Vacancy 2019
Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future.
We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives. With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
- Department: Programmes and Projects.
- Place of Duty: Nairobi.
- Supervisor: Country Director.
DSW seeks to recruit National Department Manager – Programmes and Projects who is the link between the Country Director dealing with strategic decisions and the operationalization of the strategic goals and objectives at country office level.
(S)He works in close cooperation with the Country Director and the other National Department Managers to ensure the effective and efficient planning, implementation and evaluation of DSW Kenya’s projects.
The National Department Manager-Programmes and Projects is part of the Country Office Management Team. The National Department Manager works in close cooperation with the respective HO management staff on the international level, supervises and follows up the day to day working relationship with the National Team Coordinators of the programmes and projects department.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide strategic programmatic recommendations to the CD regarding departmental inputs to the implementation of the strategic plan objectives.
- Support the CD in staffing decisions.
- Support the CD with the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Lead and oversee the development & implementation of budgets & annual work plans.
- Support the National Team coordinators in the programmes and projects department in the implementation of departmental or DSW strategies which take place in close collaboration with relevant HO staff
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of programmes and projects of the department and their alignment with the DSW strategic plan indicators.
- Supervise country office Programmes and Project staff; provide direction and leadership;
- Establish and/or maintain relations with implementing partners, other organizations and donors relevant for programme work.
- In collaboration with the National Team Coordinator, lead and support resource mobilisation in accordance with the Strategic Plan and donor guidelines.
- Oversee contract management, donor compliance and reporting.
- Oversee the mobilisation and capacity strengthening of youth led organisations and networks of Young people to engage with key policy and governance spaces in favour of young people.
- Strengthen, develop and maintain sound relations with policy, research and advocacy specialists at national, regional and international levels.
- Ensure a proper documentation of project work, including best practice, evaluation reports, etc.
- Develop and support implementation of training and coaching programmes.
- Provide technical support for the departments team coordinators.
- Represent DSW overall interests and perspectives towards external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement appropriate tools and other project related guidelines for improved programme implementation, monitoring and impact assessment, in close consultation with the respective HO staff.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Have at least eight (8) years working experience in programmes function in an INGO or a large organization of which at least three (3) years must have been at Senior management position.
- Have demonstrated in-depth understanding of Reproductive Health issues and Policy work at national and international levels.
- Have practical experience in proposal development & donor reporting.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent management, leadership, planning and prioritization skills.
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advice & mentor teams.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your monthly remuneration expectations) with the reference “National Department Manager – Programmes and Projects” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: [email protected]
Deadline for application: January 15, 2019
Ideal start date: March 2019.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: