Danros Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Executive Sous Chef, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Danros Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Danros Kenya Job Vacancy 2018
Reporting to Executive Sous Chef including but not limited to:
- Pastry Chef
- Station Chefs
The Executive Chef will be “the chief” and maintain complete control of the kitchen by oversees the operations of the restaurant or dining facility. In addition, the Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the food that comes out of the kitchen from conception to execution.
Executive Sous Chef Job Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing all culinary related programs to include resident dining, retail, and all other dining functions
- Develop, test and implement menu concept in line with the brand.
- Inventory, ordering/purchasing, and food cost controls
- Oversee and manage planning and preparation including; scheduling staff, procurement, production forecast and mise-en-place.
- Maintains highest standards of food safety and sanitation in accordance with company standards and county codes and regulations.
- Manage and control food, labor and equipment expenses to be in line with budget and forecast.
- Effectively eliminate waste by controlling production volume, extraordinary care of equipment and property, and inventory management.
- Effectively and timely communication of equipment and facilities in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensure strict and consistent adherence to all operations, safety, culinary, product, uniform, appearance including procurement policies, procedures, manuals, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure equipment and food product par levels are maintained according to business volume and inventory management guidelines.
- Communicate operational updates, successes, challenges, opportunities and support needs with the management
Kitchen Team Management
- Develop and maintain a professional, well trained, high performing and highly functional culinary team.
- Schedule and delivers all training with significant emphasis on current needs (performance and knowledge based) and implementation of the menu and recipes
- Consistently work alongside HR Department to assist in all aspects of hiring
- Responsible for effective and productive onboarding and training of all kitchen staff
- Effectively and proactively schedule shifts and rotation of kitchen staff according to staffing matrix.
- Adheres to company’s management guidelines for all discipline and termination situations while seeking assistance and presence from HR Department when actions such as verbal warning, written warnings, separation etc. are needed.
- Prepare annual performance reviews of all full-time kitchen staff. Review and deliver performance reviews with HR Department.
- Developing budgets, preparation for forecast calls and cost management research.
- Maintain complete self-awareness and knowledgeable of all results relevant to areas of responsibilities, including financial performance (cost and revenue), quality scores, local health department audits and inventory levels.
- Maintain a highly organized system for storing documentation and material related to all functions and areas responsibilities
- Maintain complete control over invoices including reconciliation, processing and payment as per policies, procedures and schedules.
- Ensure all procurement inventories, system, procedures, policies, manuals and guidelines are followed and not deviated from.
- Emphasis on procurement, order procedures, policies and standards in accordance with company protocol.
- Accurately and timely preparing pre-payroll requirements including attendance reports, wastage reports
Requirements for the Executive Sous Chef Job
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Production or its equivalent from a reputable institution
- Certificate in Food Production
- Good knowledge of HACCP and a Certificate in HACCP
- 7 years’ experience, 3 of which must have been as a Sous Chef in a 5 star kitchen or high-end establishment
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis and perform refresher courses as well as appraisals
- High-end food preparation skills, an outstanding attitude and very good people skills
KPIs include but not limited to:
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Productivity/quality standards: achieve high and consistent quality
- Productivity/quality standards: continuous product/process improvement
- Administration and ability to effectively plan, organize Recruitment and selection of high caliber employees
- Developing and implementing a training program
- Cost containment
- Customer satisfaction and retention
- Employee satisfaction
- Safety standards and procedures
- Yield ratio: ratios of raw materials/finished goods/production supplies
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with their current and expected remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: