Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DDG’s internal strategies for Kenya, with a focus on initiatives in border areas of northeastern.
- Support TL develop project activity plans;
- Assist the Project Facilitator(s) to ensure timely implementation of project activities;
- Ensure that the teams prepare weekly work plans and submit it to the TL.
- Ensure that logistics support, transport and other support for the field activities are coordinated in timely fashion with the logistics and administration department.
- Work with Project Assistants to ensure the implementation of activities as per the required standards stipulated in DDG manuals;
- Carry out data collection for project baseline and for Monitoring and Evaluation of project implementation;
- Ensure that all monitoring forms and monitoring activities are duly maintained by all teams.
- Ensure that internal activity reports are consistently done in a timely manner and meets the expected standard, based on agreed formats and schedules;
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the TL (using agreed format);
- Conduct evaluation of the activities and propose amendments to the content of the sessions, conduct of the sessions, teaching methods and adequacy of teaching materials and propose material development;
- Ensure smooth coordination with district, division, location and sub-location authorities for the implementation of activities;
- Ensure coordination with the security providers, invite them to activities and share information with them on the activities on a need to know basis;
- Ensure a good coordination with other NGOs and civil societies in the area of work to avoid duplication of activities, clash of activities date and ensure cooperation;
- Ensure discipline amongst PAs, coach and build capacities and ensure a good morale is maintained;
- Plan/advise/conduct relevant training for the staff capacity development
- Ensure correct financial procedures are followed by PAs and advise on improving performance;
- Ensure order requests are duly filled well in advance by the PAs for the activities to be carried out to provide logistics department adequate time for planning.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and project budgets;
- Bachelor’s degree in Conflict Management, Social Studies or other related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in the field of conflict/security issues and peacebuilding
- Experience in project management and delivery including planning, budget administration and donor reporting
- Experience at working with a team and ensuring strong teamwork and morale
- Strong knowledge of and experience of working in northeastern Kenya
- Experience of implementing programs in conflict-prone and insecure areas
- Knowledge of the Common Humanitarian Standards desirable
- Strong English language skills and command of local languages
- High degree of computer literacy
- Willingness to live and work in northeastern Kenya, including travel to locations on the Kenya-Somalia border
- Strong coordination, representation and interpersonal skills
- Most preferably a resident of the region.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: