Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Coordinator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018
The overall purpose of the role:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DDG’s internal strategies for Kenya, with a focus on initiatives in border areas of northeastern Kenya.
- Prepare the annual work plans for AVR projects in the Kenyan Part of Somali Cluster in accordance with annual planning cycle;
- Supervise the work of the project officers to ensure timely implementation of project activities;
- Ensure that the teams prepare weekly work plans and submit them on time.
- Ensure that logistics support, transport and other support for the field activities are coordinated in timely fashion.
- Ensure that AVR interventions are consistently implemented as per the required standards stipulated in DDG’s AVR manuals;
- Coordinate and lead data collection for project’s baselines and for Monitoring and Evaluation of program implementation;
- Ensure that internal activity reports are consistently done in a timely manner and meets the expected standard and quality, based on agreed formats and schedules;
- Continuously monitor expenditure against budgets by developing spending projections, budget tracking and indicator based performance management tool for tracking the budgets
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Area Manager and Armed Violence Reduction Coordinator (using agreed format);
- Regularly conduct evaluation of the activities and propose amendments to the content of the sessions, conduct of the sessions, teaching methods and adequacy of teaching materials and propose material development;
- Ensure smooth coordination with program stakeholders and government authorities
- Ensure coordination with the security providers, invite them to activities and share information with them on a need to know basis;
- Strengthen DRC/DDG’s contacts and coordination with other NGO/CBOs operating in north eastern Kenya;
- Represent DRC/DDG in external meetings in north eastern Kenya as delegated by the Area Manager;
- Represent DDG towards Donors in support of the HoP
- Promote discipline amongst DDG staffs reporting to the position, coach and build capacities and ensure good morale is maintained;
- Spearhead and actively participate in the recruitment of the key program staffs
- Plan, advise, recommend and conduct relevant trainings for the staff capacity development
- Ensure correct financial procedures are followed by Field staff and advise on improving performance;
- Together with the DDG AVR Coordinator and DDG HoP identify opportunities for new projects and funding;
- Spearhead in the development of proposals and project budgets to ensure financial liquidity and continuous programming;
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the DDG HoP and County Management team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Conflict Management, Development Studies, Social Studies or other related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in program management and delivery including planning, budget administration and donor reporting
- Experience at managing a team and ensuring strong teamwork and morale
- Strong knowledge of and experience of working in northeastern Kenya
- Experience of managing programs in conflict-prone and insecure areas
- Knowledge of the Common Humanitarian Standards desirable
- Strong English language skills and command of local languages
- High degree of computer literacy
- Willingness to live and work in northeastern Kenya, including travel to locations on the Kenya-Somalia border
- Strong coordination, representation and interpersonal skills
- Preferably a resident of the region
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: