Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018 for IT Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Danish Refugee Council Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy 2018
- Function as the main point of contact for IT related issues in the use of computers, software and other communication equipment
- Design, develop and maintain computer networks
- Provide technical advisory services in relation to new networking or appropriate technology for office use
- Troubleshoot/diagnose problems and react accordingly
- Advise and instruct staff (users) on IT best practices, internet and e-mail usage and appropriate course of action where problems are encountered
- Liaise with Regional IT Manager on IT equipment, repair and replacement
- Prepare an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use
- Oversee the Regional Office computer networks to ensure that they function smoothly
- Install all new hardware, systems and software for networks
- Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices
- Support administration of servers and server clusters
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning
- Oversee software and network security
- Perform data backup of all systems both on premise and cloud as scheduled and ensure data integrity
- Configure centralized antivirus admin kit and ensures antivirus program is up-to-date
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, and anti-virus, anti-spam
- Systems availability and redundancy
- Assist the Regional IT Manager to maintain system performance and react pro-actively to issues to maximize uptime
- Continually perform preventative maintenance
- Assist with system upgrades and rollouts
- Maintain high availability of servers
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Degree in Information Technology or other related field from a recognized institution
- MCSE or CCNA certification
- Computer hardware maintenance certification
- At least 5 years’ NGO experience working in a busy IT support environment with excellent knowledge of enterprise networks and systems
- Experience in virtualization and cloud computing
- Experience of working with networked computing systems/windows TCP/IP networking
- LINUX server administration skills
- Competence in Microsoft operating systems and office suites
- High level of hardware/software trouble shooting experience
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills
- Previous experience in setting up systems in a new country program
- Strong planning, organizational skills, time management and team work
- Ability to manage large workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations within the East Africa and Great Lakes region.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili is required
- French language will be an added advantage
- Availability: Immediately
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Contract: One-year contract with possibility of extension. National terms and conditions apply in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: