Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancies 2018 for HR & Admin Assistant NGO
The Danish Refugee Council has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa region since 1997. The DRC Kenya Program seeks a qualified candidate for the above position.
The HR & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing efficient and effective human resource administrative support to the operations of the DRC Kakuma Office. The holder of this position will work under the supervision of the Administration and Logistics Officer and will receive technical support from the Human Resources Officer (NBO).
- Support the Area Manager in developing, establishing, maintaining, archiving and auditing HR and administrative systems
- Act as a focal point on issues related to HR Policies in liaison with the HR Officer and HR/Admin Coordinator;
- Ensure personnel files are complete and updated while ensuring adherence to highest levels of confidentiality
- Maintain the R&R schedule and maintain leave tracking to ensure complete documentation for movement at all times for Kakuma based staff
- Receive and coordinate orientation for new employees
- Participate in the recruitment process in Kakuma to ensure compliance with DRC hiring procedures as outlined in the HR Manual as well as preparation for contracts for incentive staff
- Act as a liaison between DRC and the Catering and Cleaning company and follow-up with its representatives on the general compound cleanliness, hygiene, and services provided
- Act as the focal point for work related travel needs (flight/taxi/vehicle bookings, visas, etc.) in liaison with Nairobi office and follow-ups up on any related issues
- Provide basic ad hoc procurement/financial support to the Logistics/finance departments;
- Provide front desk administration and supervise all the administrative incentive staff
- Provide status of invoices or checks to contractors/suppliers at the Kakuma office
DRC core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focus on reaching results while ensuring efficiency.
- Collaborating: Cooperate with and involve relevant parties, actively seeking their opinion
- Taking the lead: Take ownership and prioritize job according to DRC’s overall vision and goals.
- Communicating: Write and speak effectively and honestly while adjusting style and tone to the situation. Listen actively to others and involve them in the dialogue.
- Demonstrating integrity: Act in line with DRC’s vison, values and collaboration standards. Actively involve, respect and empower our stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Completion of relevant degree/diploma in Human Resource Management
- Knowledgeable on the Kenya Labor Laws;
- Registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- 2-3 years’ work experience is preferred in an NGO/INGO set up;
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework in their work.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly stating their qualifications and experience.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Applications should be submitted through DRC website on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Deadline to submit applications is 3rd February, 2017
This is a local position and selected candidates will be expected to organize their own accommodation.
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: