Daily Nation Job Vacancies 2018 for Brand Manager
Job Ref: HR-BM-03-208
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We are looking for a Brand Manager to propel our Daily Nation newspaper brand to new heights.
If you are passionate about marketing and have a strong track record in building brands, then you’re the person we’re looking for to work on Kenya’s leading brand – The Daily Nation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the Daily Nation’s annual and long term marketing plans as well as value propositions for Daily Nation in line with the company strategic plan;
- Work closely with editorial on product upgrades new product initiatives/launches towards achieving brand objectives as well as the overall company strategy;
- Support advertising to develop sales presenters/information/synopsis to grow advertising revenue;
- Work very closely with circulation sales to grow readership, increase copy sales and achieve overall sales targets;
- Develop creative below the line materials to communicate brands to offer brand PR support to circulation and advertising functions;
- Direct and analyze regular market research to develop insights for product development and enhancement;
- Track readership trends and guide the leadership on emerging trends and their implication to the business;
- Develop and implement communication strategies including the development of comprehensive advertising briefs, compelling creative campaigns and effective media plans;
- Provide market and competitive intelligence, monitor competition while developing brand game plans to enhance brand equity and counter the competition;
- Solicit and pitch for brand strategic partnerships and sponsorships for relevant events/products and activities in line with the brand profile and budgets;
- Determine the gaps in the market and seek ways to fill them with the information derived from research;
- Capture and analyze market shares by region to provide tailored advertising or promotional campaigns to consistently grow share.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or any related discipline;
- 5 years of Brand Management experience;
- A passion for, and knowledge of digital trends;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic organization;
- Strong analytical skills to effectively present and implement action plans;
- Tenacity and resolve to work in a fast paced environment;
- Extremely creative with the ability to think out of the box.
How to Apply
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 18th March 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE: