DAI Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Communications Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for DAI Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
DAI Kenya Job Vacancy 2018
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in specific target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Specialist, the Communications Assistant supports the implementation of the team’s communications strategies to increase awareness of the program’s activities with key stakeholders.
The Communications Assistant works in close collaboration with the Communications Specialist and the technical teams in Western Kenya.
Collection and dissemination of information
- Solicit for information for success stories from technical team members and other implementing partners. Draft and/or edit success stories with appropriate photographs for sharing with USAID.
- In consultation with technical teams, draft articles for KIWASH quarterly newsletter.
- Document project progress through photography and contribute to the photo library by strategically identifying ongoing activities that tell the KIWASH story.
- Assisting with reviewing of designs, contacts with printers and other suppliers to ensure quality production
- Support in the preparation of site visit kits and press kits.
Organization of events
- Providing logistical support in the organization of publicity/outreach for the program, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities, especially water, sanitation and hygiene events
- Establishing and maintaining a database of Western Kenya project partners by soliciting input from the KIWASH team and key partners, stakeholder meetings and forums.
- Assisting in organizing and providing support in coordinating high level workshops, USAID field visits etc.
- Establishing a contact database of key media in KIWASH counties including communications personnel at county offices
Social media management
- Collecting and organizing content for the KIWASH website and social media in coordination with technical teams and the communications specialist.
- Author brief social media postings with corresponding links and source appropriate images for the postings. Monitor and report followers’ feedback and inquiries.
- Gather, analyze and report social media performance data and provides insights and actionable recommendations for improving performance over time. KPIs include: reach, engagement and sentiment
- Daily monitoring, review and record media coverage of water sector issues and the program.
Share with team with staff
- Help prepare and update a standard information package on the KIWASH project counties for distribution to the public and the media.
- Maintaining a database of key media contacts in the region.
- University Degree in communications, journalism, or relevant field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience. Experience with a USAID is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office software, HTML and other media software packages (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, video editing software) and photography is required.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of social media content sourcing and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills to ensure effective team relations. Strong organizational skills, analytical abilities and initiative to prioritize and complete tasks.
Base of Operations: Kisumu, with frequent travel to the Kakamega, Busia, Migori, Siaya and Nyamira counties.
Reporting: The Communications Assistant will report to the Communications Specialist.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to DAI Kenya – Development Alternatives, Inc. career website on kiwashproject.formstack.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: