Cytonn Job Vacancy For Investments Associate, Application Details
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
We are looking to increase capacity by hiring an individual in the capacity of Investments Associate – Public Markets.
Preference will be given to those candidates with international and/or Pan-African deal-sourcing experience, significant exposure to mergers & acquisitions and capital raisings, previous exposure to transaction structuring, funding and execution in the financials, education and technology sectors, experience conducting company/industry analysis for investments.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities For The Investments Associate Job
- The Associate’s primary responsibility will be deal sourcing across specific target sectors for Cytonn which will include potential investments, acquisitions, analysis of potential exit opportunities, and the monitoring and management of current portfolio
- Responsible for identifying and developing investment opportunities across the public markets line
- Support deal partners in conducting financial and operational due diligence on potential investments, including: sector reviews, macroeconomic and political risk analysis and capable of thorough desktop research using all relevant third party sources
- Conduct financial modelling and analysis including: designing models; identifying key drivers and building in sensitivities as appropriate; strong understanding of different valuation methodologies; and ability to identify relative defects and effectiveness of each valuation tool
- Preparation of presentations and information memorandums for a variety of purposes and end-users including the Investment Committee
- Support the deal team in negotiating term sheets, key commercial points and legal documentation
- Cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
Investments Associate Job Requirements
- At least 4 years’ experience in an investment management environment
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- A graduate degree, with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division in Accounting, Finance or a business related course
- Applicant required to be a candidate in the CFA program with a strong financial background
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning
- Strong organizational and time management skills -ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Research and planning; Business development and analytics
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our recruitment portal.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: