Cytonn Investment Job Vacancy For Analyst, Application Details
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
Cytonn Investments is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Investment Department.
The Investments Analyst – Private Equity has the responsibility for continually and accurately generating research reports, investments analysis and recommendations to the investment management committee for the purpose of decision-making. The individual is responsible for the development and/or execution of systems, processes, and procedures that enable the efficient and effective delivery of results in portfolio companies, in order for the investment to achieve its return. The individual is also responsible, from time to time, to perform other analytical work as may be assigned to by the Head of Private Equity. The Investment Analyst – Private Equity, will be reporting to the Head of Private Equity.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the Investment Analyst Job
- Conducting fundamental company & investment opportunity research and analysis; in Structured Products, Equities and Fixed Income
- Evaluation, valuation, pricing and negotiation of investment opportunities including the term sheet, due diligence investigations and transaction documents for the assigned investment under the supervision of the Head of Private Equity
- Financial modelling and data analysis
- Analysing historical and projected financial statements & investment data
- Preparing written reports and verbal presentations
- Conducting country, industry and capital markets research so as to keep up with detailed knowledge about the Kenyan micro and macroeconomic environment and financial markets
- Contributing in investment meetings and review sessions
- Conducting financial and operational due diligence on potential investments, and capable of thorough desktop research using all relevant third party sources
- Participate in the transaction process including industry research, financial modelling and valuation, preparing investment memoranda, due diligence and ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies
- Monitoring and analyzing portfolio company operations, tracking KPIs, conducting top-down industry research and developing suggestions to improving company competitive strategy or operations
Investment Analyst Job Requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience in an investment management environment
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- A graduate degree, with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division in Accounting, Finance or a business related course
- Applicant required to be a candidate in the CFA program (or demonstrate a path towards becoming one), with a strong financial background
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Research and Planning; Business Development and Analytics
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in a demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our recruitment portal.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: