Cytonn Investment Job Recruitment 2018 For Senior IT Engineer, Application Details
Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the Technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an alternative investments management firm with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and the D.C. Metro Area in the US. Cytonn Technologies is a respected technology solutions provider that offers innovative, differentiated and efficient technology products and support, web-based solutions and integrated business solutions.
To manage our growing Technology needs, the firm is inviting applications for the Senior IT Engineer position to join its competitive team of engineers in Cytonn Technologies. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
Reporting to the Cytonn Technologies Business Manager, the Senior IT Engineer is responsible for providing an excellent level of 3rd line support to Cytonn Investments and affiliate companies, giving support across the whole of business in Front and Back office functions.
The role will have oversight of IT Operations including Service Delivery, Server and Storage and Network infrastructure.
Responsibilities for the Senior It Engineer Job
- Enterprise IT Security – Understanding of InfoSec best practices and their practical applications in a Back Office environment.
- Provides leadership and supervision to the IT Management team, ensuring that appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet required service levels.
- Works with CT Business Manager to establish standards and best practices for managing internal infrastructure, including network, access rights, desktops, servers, internal applications.
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Performs any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Provides ITIL Service disciplines, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management; Implement policies/standards to improve the quality and efficiency of support services based on ITIL methodology
- Works closely with the IT Service Desk and other Specialist to ensure a timely, robust and comprehensive service transition process
- Works with the Service Desk team to set SLA criteria for the availability and performance of the IT infrastructure
- Management of the rollout and support of desktop devices, including laptops and printers, and productivity tools such as Outlook and MS-Office, Gmail etc.
- Overall planning, implementation and management of network services including: VM and Hyper V support and administration; Cisco Switches, HP Access Points, Cisco & Checkpoint Firewall and Cisco Routers support and administration
- Installs, configures and supports new and existing servers and network infrastructure; Installs, configures and supports new and existing servers and network infrastructure
- Maintains and constantly improves server and network performance, reliability and security in line with ISO 27001 and best practice
- Develop and lead the replacement of infrastructure at end of life
- VPN, Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and system backups
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure service delivery methods and procedures.
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
Senior IT Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Minimum second upper
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages
- ITIL Service delivery qualifications
- MCSE + Security
- CISCO Certified
- VMware Certified Administrator – (Desirable)
- In depth ITIL Knowledge
- 3 years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery, preferably with a medium size organisation
- Good understanding of Server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration), Messaging (MS Exchange, Archiving, Cisco Unified Communications) and Networking technologies and concepts.
- Good understanding of VMWare 5 / Hyper V, IT security and Data protection, Cloud and mobile technology and Powershell scripting (Desirable)
- Communication: Ensures information is communicated to and from the top level and filtered through the appropriate channels
- Planning and Analysis: Ability to interpret incomplete and/or ambiguous information effectively analyses and assesses new or uncertain critical situations
- Adapting and Innovation: Identifies opportunities to improve Cytonn Investments structures, processes and/ or outputs, and influences others towards those goals
- Adhering to Principles & Values: Sets example and embodies Cytonn Investments principles and values.
- Leadership and Development: Directs the energy of the organisation towards a common goal and provides an example to others by demonstrating moral courage in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Respect for Diversity: Shows respect and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates understanding in daily work and decision making.
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
- Leadership Development
- On Job Training
- Industry Certifications
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: