Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018 for Workshop Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018
Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in ship repair, machining and steel fabrication services. They seek to hire a well experienced and action oriented Workshop Manager. He will be tasked with overseeing all aspects of the shipping workshops by ensuring optimal use of resources both labor, materials & machines. In addition, he will schedule the administrative functions needed to support shipping workshops operations.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Overall responsibility and accountability for the performance of shipping workshops personnel for safety and quality as well as design, manage and execute policies to deliver business strategy.
Workshop Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide supervision to shipping & marine workshops supervisors and foremen.
- Develop annual budgets and ensure optimal use of resources
- Direct activities in areas of safety and personnel, and ensures compliance with Safety and Quality requirements.
- Direct and coordinates shipping workshops operations
- Manage the carpentry and masonry workshop, and including the work performed by outside contractors.
- Maintain appropriate interface and relations with customers, paying detailed attention to contracts and specifications.
- Establish and maintain shipping and marine workshop production goals
- Advise top management team regarding manning and expense goals and ensure efforts are made to meet budget projections
- Determine plant improvements and repairs along with annual costs and schedules.
- Design, manage and execute policies to deliver business strategy.
Qualifications for the Workshop Manager Job
- Degree / Master’s Degree in Marine Engineering / Civil / Mechanical or Ship building Engineering.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of relevant engineering experience in Offshore and Marine Industry
- Experience in shipping workshop / shipyard
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipping workshop/shipyard management.
- Design analysis and production analysis knowledge.
- Commercial awareness.
- Quality awareness; guardian and stimulator for high quality and production.
- Engineering and design – structural production and aesthetics.
- Team work – mobilizing and strengthening junior engineers and designers.
- Decision making from objective analysis to implementation.
- Leadership – lead by example but also show direction.
- Technical engineering, use of software to implement hands on math.
- Disciplined in work approach and trustworthy.
- Strict and precise in operations with Representative behavior.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Workshop Manager – Ship Yard) to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Monday 27th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More