Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018 for Laboratory Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Corporate Staffing Services job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018
Our client is a leading player in construction and public works in Africa with offices in several countries in the continent. They currently have an irrigation project and seek to hire a Laboratory Manager who can manage the laboratory and staff working in the lab. This includes ensuring that the laboratory testing services are conducted in a safe manner and consistent with company quality protocols, project requirements, and in a timely manner.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Manager Job
- Participate in the creation and setting up of the laboratory team and equipment on site
- Directly supervises or monitors laboratory activities to ensure that the work is executed on time and in accordance with the client and project requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards
- Establish and follow the schedule of inspections and tests in accordance with current standards
- Manage checklists and ensure the traceability of samples and tests
- Analyze test results with the project team and advise on measures to be taken in case of anomalies
- Organise document filing for the laboratory department
- Supervises the efficient utilization of facilities and equipment assigned to the laboratory and makes requests for additional equipment and facilities as needed to meet the project demands.
- Ensures that laboratory processes and personnel adhere to the requirements of the company Quality program and the Construction Materials Quality Management System (QMS).
- Oversees calibration, maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory equipment.
- Oversees the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- Oversee or coordinate the training and utilization of laboratory staff.
- Evaluates the performance of all employees within the laboratory and assists them in their professional development and growth, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that laboratory personnel are properly trained, supervised and equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to ensure their personal safety in the office and laboratory
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modelling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
Laboratory Manager Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 5 – 8 years in construction projects
- QHSE Training is desirable
- Ability to work with others across the organization
- Good interpersonal skills
- Taking initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently
- Results oriented individual and a team player
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Laboratory Manager – Construction) to [email protected]e before 5th September 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)