Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018 for Hotel Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Corporate Staffing Services job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Corporate Staffing Services Job Vacancy 2018
Our client is a new medium-sized hotel based on the outskirts of Nairobi. They seek to hire a highly competent and performance driven Hotel Accountant who will be responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
Responsibilities for the Hotel Accountant Job
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate policies regulations and laws
- Prepares monthly forecast & annual budgets prepare all allocations
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and hotel procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs and reconcile
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for daily Stock takes, reconciliation and timely of daily sales reports against expenses.
- Responsible for verification of income auditing, receivables & debtors reconciliation
- Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Responsible for all taxes obligations.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
Hotel Accountant Job Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a CPA- K.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a hotel or resort
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Experience in Payroll.
- Analytical skills and hotel controls
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Leadership skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hotel Accountant) to [email protected]e before 5th September 2018. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviews. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)