Corporate Staffing Job Vacancy2018 for Dairy Supervisor
Our client is an indigenous company located in Embu. Specialized in dairy, poultry & fish production, growth and export of fresh produce targeted for the European market. They seek to hire an experienced Dairy Supervisor who will be in charge of the production processes as well as general management.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in milking, breeding, and caring for cows, and performs lay-veterinary duties on dairy farm: Assigns workers to tasks, such as feeding and milking cows, cleaning cattle, barns, and equipment, and assisting with breeding and health care.
- Inspects cowsheds and milking store for cleanliness and maintenance and informs workers of actions required to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Studies feed and milk production records to determine feed formula required to produce maximum milk yield and notifies workers of diet changes.
- Studies genetic and health records to develop schedules for activities, such as breeding, dehorning, and sale of calves.
- Schedules breeding, vaccinating, and dehorning of cows and calves.
- Observes cows during estrus and artificially inseminates cows to produce desired offspring.
- Examines cows for evidence of illness, injuries, and calving, treats illnesses and injuries, delivers calves, and engages VETERINARIAN to care for serious injuries and illnesses.
- Performs other duties as may be asked by the Manager.
- Planning and allocating of staff duties i.e. allocate task and set production target to ensure timely and accurate completion of timely targets.
- Meet quality targets through adherence of established operational methods and work place standards
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of animal food to avoid wastage
- Ensure health & safety regulations are adhered to
- Maintain production equipment and ensure they are in good working condition
- Organize daily meetings lead the team to accomplish daily plans
- Degree in Animal production, Business Management or related
- 3 -4 years of experience
- Must have worked in a Dairy farm
- Ability to work independently
- Results oriented individual and a team player
- Organized, rigorous and precise. Must also have good reporting skills
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Dairy Supervisor – Embu) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 14th March 2018