Corporate Staffing Job Vacancy For New General Manager, Application Details
To Manage and Control the Company’s operations and to give strategic guidance and direction to the CEO to ensure that the Company achieves its mission and objectives.
Directly Reports To: The CEO
Indirectly Reports To: The Board
Directly Manages / Supervises: All HODs
Indirectly Manages / Supervises: None
Internal Relationships: Provides support and guidance to all staff where needed.
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage and control the work and resources of the Company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the Company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Chairman and the members of the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the Company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the Company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the Company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the Company in the wider community.
- Represent the Company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for the Company.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the Company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the Company’s work.
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts of the Company and ensure their approval by the Board.
Requirements for the General Manager Job
- Degree in any related field.
- MBA would be an added advantage
- Post Graduate Diploma in Leadership Management/Strategic Management.
- At least 10 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources and proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
Key Performance Indicators
(SMART = Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timebound. For example: To produce x number of y by the end of each month with z mistakes or complaints.)
- Staff Productivity
- Company Profitability
- Staff Turnover rates
- Customer Satisfaction
- Staff Effectiveness
- Management of Company Resources.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Networking skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Planning and Organization skills
- A wide Knowledge of the Industry
- Understanding of Financial Management.
- Very High Level of Commercial Awareness.
- Awareness of the Global Markets and economy
- Awareness of Current affairs
(3-must, 2-should, 1-preferably)
- Self-driven – 3
- High integrity – 3
- Diplomatic – 3
- Team leader – 3
- Dynamic – 3
- Highly productive – 3
- Pleasant and friendly – 3
- Goal oriented – 3
- Ability to network – 3
- Decisive – 3
- Smart and presentable – 3
- Responsible – 3
- Consistent – 3
- Strict adherence to deadlines – 3
- Flexible and resilient – 3
- Confidentiality- 3
Special Work Conditions
- Regional and Global Exposure
Career Path Progression
- Company Directorship
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3152”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3152 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26th January 2018 N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: