Corporate Staffing Job Vacancy For FMCG – Finance Manager (200-250K), Application Details
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. They seek to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for strategic planning and leadership for the accomplishment of financial and accounting goals of the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for making a wide range of decisions with regard to financing, investments and management, making a wide range of decisions with regard to financing, investments and management, including financial reporting & Audit, inventory management, cash flow management, risk management and financial controls, policies and procedures.
Table of Contents
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting: Provide accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts and/or projections where appropriate and alert management on potential problems.
- Prepare and implement financial policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure the all assets of the organization are properly utilized and accounted for and minimize risk exposure to the organization.
- Liaison with External Auditors: Prepare audit schedule and liaise with external auditors for periodic audit.
- Compliance with Statutory Requirements: Prepare and submit returns to K.R.A. Advice the company on statutory expectations to avoid penalties and legal implications.
- Implement and continuously update an asset register for the organization.
- Ensure inventory accounting is complete and accurate from the initial stages of purchasing, receiving, storage, dispatch to the last stage of selling.
- Ensure all supplier payments are accounted and validated; supplier accounts are reconciled at all times.
- Implement stock take and reconciliation processes to safeguard the inventory of the company both at the outlets and distribution and storage centres.
- Cash flow Management: Supervise cash flow management activities – monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business needs of the company.
- Ensure all cash sold at the outlets is well monitored, banked and captured in the daily reports. Raise alarms where cash is held and not banked.
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting: Provide leadership in developing monthly, quarterly and annual budget for different departments.
- Financial Records: Ensure that all financial records, receipts, payables and cash flows are accurate, up-to-date and processed efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Liaison and Building Relationship: Establish rapport and communication with banks and other key stakeholders.
- Staff Management, Supervision & Leadership: Provide supervision, guidance and direction to the finance staff according to the policies, procedures, processes and systems in place.
- Support the procurement department to ensure profit margins are met.
- Support the sales department to ensure revenue income is received through achievement of sales targets.
- Support the administration department and ensure that all assets and human resource are insured.
- Support the managing director through detailed and analytical reporting in making business decisions aimed at reducing cost and increasing profit for the organization.
- Any other duty as allocated by the managing director.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
- A Master’s degree in Finance will be an added advantage
- Must be a CPA (K) or related qualification.
- Must be fully conversant with the international financial reporting standards.
- Must be a member of ICPAK
- 7 years’ experience in finance and accounting with 2 years in managing a finance department in a busy organization.
- Experience in retail is an added advantage.
Critical competencies and experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Excellent with standard office software (incl. MS Word and MS Excel or equivalent) and experience in using Accounting Software such as Sage, Tally.
- Experience in audit will be an added advantage.
- Conversant with use of POS is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Driving license.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More