Corat Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Executive Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Corat Africa job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Corat Africa Job Vacancy 2018
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as the organization’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the country and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Organization’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the country.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization management and staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance, Sustainability and Viability:
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the organization’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy:
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of the organization’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization’s can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of the organization’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Qualifications for the Executive Director Job
- A Master’s degree or higher qualification in Counseling Psychology and / related subject
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized university
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to clients, students, staff, management, board, stakeholders and partners
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse clients, partners and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with management and staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications, quality benefits package attached to this position includes health insurance and a contributory pension scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their online applications enclosing a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Email: [email protected]
Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below. Submit your application not later than 12th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)