Conservation International Job Vacancy 2018 for Digital Communications Officer, Application Details
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
CI’s Africa Field Division is looking to recruit a dynamic, innovative and “on-point” Digital Communications Officer to manage the Division’s digital and social media, branding and communications. s/he will work to ensure that the digital and social communications channels have maximum impact, providing relevant engaging content and are reading key internal and external audiences, to foster greater understanding and support for CI’s mission.
Application will be received until April 9, 2018. This position is based in Nairobi and all applicants must be able to demonstrate legal ability to work in Kenya without employer sponsorship.
General: Annually, the Digital Communications Officer will outline the digital and social communications objectives, priorities and activities for the Africa region internally, as part of a broader Africa Field Division Communications plan.
External communications: This role is responsible for the AfFD’s Digital and Social Media presence. This includes identifying opportunities for social media outreach, adapting media releases and other content for social media, working with blogging sites, blogging on behalf of CI spokespeople, and building the capacity of key AfFD staff for social media presence (e.g. Twitter)
Internal communications: The Digital Communications Officer will support the creation of AfFD’s internal communications framework. Working with the AFFD’s Regional Communications Manager, S/he will ensure CI staff are aware of key AfFD news and projects. The post holder will identify suitable stories and support the field division’s contributions, providing copywriting and messaging services as needed. This role is directly responsible for the AfFD website, and the production of the AfFD’s quarterly e-newsletter.
- Typical office environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications or any related subject. A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in communications, journalism, and/or promotional activities, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree in communications is also acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English, with proven presentation, writing and editing skills. Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Proven experience of working within a communications environment delivering on agreed objectives and operational priorities.
- Proven experience of managing digital communications channels (i.e. social media channels) and using content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working with social media, especially with news placement, blogging and awareness campaigns.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Ability to produce concise and informative material.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to be proactive.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to connect with people from all walks of life Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Computer skills and experience in relevant communications software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop and/or similar design programs).
- A good understanding of Africa and the digital/social media landscape in Africa.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: