Competition Authority of Kenya Job Recruitments 2018 for Internal Audit
The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010.
The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position: Systems Auditor, Internal Audit
- Plan and conduct risk based internal audits of various departments including operational, compliance, system and value for money audits in line with Authority’s Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Board Audit Committee.
- Perform general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Perform information control reviews of internal control procedures to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, back ups, disaster recovery and systems maintenance.
- Prepare audit reports and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exits to support the completed audit conclusions.
- Conduct discussions with Senior Management on key audit issues and recommendations through exit meetings at the end of the audit assignments.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and prepare statistics on the number of audit issues outstanding, resolved and prepare summary of action taken or to be taken to resolve unresolved issues.
- Perform other adhoc audit assignments relating to governance, risk management and control as appropriate to the Authority.
- Provide support to the External Auditors – both statutory by KENAO or other auditors, covering Financial and System Audits.
- Carry out audit reviews of the strategic plan to ensure its implementation in line with set timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Business related filed.
- Full professional qualifications in Certified Public Accounting (CPAK) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Information Security management; and
- Fraud examiner (CFE) as an added advantage.
- At least 3 years Internal Audit Systems Audit experience gained from reputable organizations; and
- Diverse experience in managing internal controls.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least three (3) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience. Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at Kenya Railways HQs Block “D” Ground floor, to be received on or before 12th March, 2018, by 5 P.M. addressed to:
The Director-General Competition Authority of Kenya P O Box 36265 – 00200 Nairobi
Email to: email@example.com
CAK is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women, Youth and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: