Compassion International Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Support Specialist II, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Compassion International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Compassion International Job Vacancy 2018
This career specialist consults on and implements holistic child development programs and interventions by providing leadership in the development, planning, and monitoring of the Food Security and Livelihoods initiatives. The Specialist will champion the efforts of designing, documenting, coordination of related activities. A key objective of the role will include the development of commercialization strategies that are context specific, supporting the Church partners to implement food security and livelihood activities, networking and collaboration.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Working with key stakeholders, designing and developing various rural/urban commercialization strategies that promote food security and velihoods among program beneficiaries through:
- Ensuring care givers groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into strong business groups/for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
- Supporting and guiding ICPs on how to mobilize caregiver groups.
- Mobilizing and facilitating the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other forums.
- Identifying viable market opportunities and value chain connections and initiate partnerships that will affect many beneficiaries.
- Working closely with respective functional leaders, PFs, Program Support Specialists, Program Trainers and other support functions to improve the outcomes of the livelihood initiatives and to identify existing gaps in economic empowerment and food security.
- Promote the use of modern farming practice and techniques through organizing/facilitating training, advising caregivers, farm/site visits and demonstrations to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial enterprises.
- Support and develop capacity for ICPs to promote resilience strategies of program beneficiaries.
- Provide leadership in the planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of for FSL activities.
- Collaborate with county authorities and identify strategic partnerships
- Obtain market analysis information in the communities where the ICPs are and recommend economically viable and profitable livelihood activities for various regions.
- Explore use of technology such as use of mobile platforms and other appropriate tech tools and services to boost livelihood and food security initiatives.
- Explore alternative varieties of livelihood skills and skills development and the requisite supporting structures/activities.
- Build capacity of youth and caregivers through training in entrepreneurial skills, financial literacy, market access and provision of relevant information and educative materials
- Support the expansion of innovative youth development programming such transformative youth livelihoods, cash transfer/safety net group savings and loans and related approaches.
- Ensure that programme strategy supports and demonstrates good practice in child participation and child Protection
- Build on technical knowledge, personal understanding of the food security, social protection, youth livelihoods, economic and livelihoods policies and services in Kenya to facilitate and develop CIV proposals.
- Be fully aware of national policies, strategies and other initiatives and developments by the Government of Kenya and other stakeholders relating to child and youth poverty (food security and livelihoods, youth livelihoods and social protection). Regularly assess and communicate the implications for the National Office program activities.
- Work with M&E team to develop and up-date monitoring and evaluation framework as necessary and to improve quality of reporting, clearly articulate progress and impact of projects
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in food security, livelihoods, social protection, nutrition, economics, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Have valid and clean driving license with a driving experience of not less than 3 years.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 50% of normal schedule
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: