Commission On Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Revenue Allocation & Budget Analysis Senior Analyst
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
SCALE – CRA 4
Reporting to Deputy Director, Economic Affairs, the job holder is responsible for development and maintenance of revenue Allocation formula, monitor and evaluate expenditure and revenue trends at both national and County governments.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Provide input into development of the Directorates strategies, policies and guidelines to support the execution of its mandate.
- Provide input into development of the Directorates budget and workplans.
- Allocate work to Research Officers and Analysts and carry out periodic performance appraisal as required.
- Build capacity and mentor staff to ensure competence within the Directorate.
- Collaborate with partner Institutions in generating objective Research.
- Develop and maintain revenue allocation formula for their assigned thematic areas.
- Monitor and evaluate expenditure and revenue trends at both National and County government levels touching on budget, out-turns and exchequer issues.
- Provide Technical assistance to members of the Commission along adopted thematic and other relevant thematic areas.
- Work jointly with Fiscal Affairs department to execute the revenue enhancement mandate of the Commission.
- Work jointly with statistics section to perform revenue forecasting at National and County Government Level.
- Monitor devolution process, particularly allocation and utilization of resources by County Governments and report on the same.
- Carry out capacity building initiatives at County Governments on issues relating to Public Finance.
- Conduct thematic research to inform revenue sharing recommendations in line with Commissions mandate.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics or Finance from a reputable University
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant progressive experience in fiscal policy development and /or implementation.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a supervisory position
- A good understanding of how to conduct research. Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- Competent and organized.
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: