Commission On Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Procurement Assistant
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
SCALE – CRA 6
Holder of the position will be responsible for the movement, storage and issue of supply and services from origination to consumption. The incumbent will also ensure that procurement is done in accordance with Public Procurement & Asser Disposal Act (2015), rules and regulations.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assist in prequalification of suppliers and prepare reports on procurement status.
- Develop and maintain suppliers master data and assist in inspection and acceptance of suppliers.
- Ensure proper recording, filing and custody of all procurement documents.
- Compile reports on opening of tenders and quotations for relevant committees.
- Monitoring delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Provide secretarial services to the Procurement Committees.
- Storage and issue of supply services.
- Involved in the disposal of surplus, obsolete or unserviceable assets.
- Carry out market surveys.
- Prepare reports for disposable assets in the Commission.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Internal Procurement procedures and policies.
- Conduct periodic annual stock taking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies from recognized University.
- Diploma in purchasing and Supplies Management from recognized Institution.
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Must be well versed with Public Procurement and Disposal procedures in line with
- Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015
- Knowledge in IFMIS and ERP processes will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Registered Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: