Commission On Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Internal Audit Assistant
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the position holder will assist by independently evaluating and improving on the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes of the Commission.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Carry out internal audits in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards;
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, generate quarterly report findings and recommend improvements for effective management.
- Examine financial data and statements;
- Review management systems and programs and recommend improvements
- Participate in developing a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management.
- Implement the annual audit plan as approved, including, as appropriate, assist in investigations requested by the management, the audit committee or the commission.
- Review the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and evaluate the response and actions taken by management.
- Ensure the commission utilizes its resources according to financial guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or any other in the financial field.
- Possession of at least CPA(K)/ACCA.
- Possession of at least CIA (Part I) will be an added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in internal/external audit environment in a reputable organization.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Competent, organized, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant basic computer applications and.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a member of Professional body.
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: