Commission on Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Fiscal Affairs, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Commission on Revenue Allocation job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Commission on Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the national and county governments and among the county governments, and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit experienced, qualified and competent persons to fill the following positions:
SCALE — CRA 3 (RE – ADVERTISEMENT)
Reporting to the Director Fiscal Affairs, the job holder shall deputize in provision of leadership in making recommendations on financing of, and financial management by county governments as well as county revenue enhancement strategies while building
fiscal management capacity for counties in line with CRA mandate.
Deputy Director Fiscal Affairs Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Director in developing, validating and implementing strategies and policies to guide in the execution of the Commission’s Fiscal Affairs mandate.
- Review and make recommendations on financial management operations of counties.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the Directorate’s budget and work plan.
- Assign and supervise responsibilities to other staff and carry out performance management as required.
- Assist in the development and use of high level analytical tools for county financial reports to inform various recommendations.
- Review county planning, budgeting and budget implementation reports to inform policy recommendations.
- Work with counties on identifying and enhancing opportunities for increasing own sources revenue.
- Review and make recommendations on revenue raising measures of the counties.
- Advise on the structure of financial reports for counties to ensure compliance and uniformity.
- Support the establishment and capacity building of county financial management structures.
Qualifications for the Deputy Director Fiscal Affairs Job:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of ten (10) year’s relevant progressive experience in fiscal policy development and /or implementation and Financial Management.
- At least five (5) year’s in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of basic understanding of macroeconomic policy tools and framework. Knowledge of financial analysis, public finance management principles and processes. Demonstrated successes in the fields of financial analysis, revenue administration, monitoring and evaluation.
- He/she must be a person of integrity and be a team player.
- Good report writing, presentation skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent ICT skills
How to Apply
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive :
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation 14 Riverside Drive Grosvenor Block P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200 NAIROBI.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: