Commission On Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Finance Officer
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
SCALE – CRA 5
Reporting to Finance Manager, the job holder will assist in the administration of the financial systems, planning of management accounts, monitoring expenditures and enforcing compliance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement financial policies and regulations in line with the government financial regulations and the PFM Act (2012).
- Must be able to prepare financial statements in line with recommended international Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS – Accrual basis).
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and expenditure controls reviewed by the Finance committee of the Commission.
- Maintenance of timely and accurate records on fixed assets including depreciation and Net book value of assets.
- Carrying out of end of year procedures e.g. posting of accruals, prepayment and acquisition of bank statements and certificates of balance.
- Ensure proper coordination of both systems and final audits.
- Oversee submission of corporate tax returns for the Commissions.
- Preparation of board papers for the Finance Committee and reports to the full Commission.
- Oversee adherence to statutory regulations especially for salary clearances by the accounts assistant.
- Oversee timely preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Oversee accuracy of posting in the general ledger and proper book keeping.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or any other in the financial field.
- Possession of at least CPA(K)/ACCA.
- At least one accounting package qualification will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Knowledge in IFMIS and ERP processes.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Competent and organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Membership to a Professional body is desired.
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: