Commission On Revenue Allocation Job Vacancy 2018 for Deputy Director Economic Affairs
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
SCALE – CRA 3
Reporting to the Director Economic Affairs, the jobholder shall deputize in the provision of leadership and development of policies on intergovernmental transfers and developing criteria for equitable resource sharing between national and county governments and among county governments.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Support Director Economic Affairs in spearheading the Commissions Economic Affairs.
- Supports Director Economic Affairs in developing, validating and implementing strategies for economic affairs in line with CRA’s mandate.
- Participate in development of the Directorate’s budget and workplan to support its operation.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and carry performance appraisals as required.
- Assist the director in developing a qualitative modelling approach to inform revenue allocation.
- Lead the Research team in analysis of fiscal, socioeconomic and development policies and make recommendations based on good practice.
- Provide technical assistance to members of the Commission along adopted thematic and other relevant areas.
- Interpret and analyze macroeconomic issues and lead the research team in the development of relevant reports.
- Establish collaborations with relevant institutions as the Deputy to the Director
- Assist counties in the budgeting process, reviewing document
- Represent the commission in different forums as required.
- Prepare and make presentations to disseminate the Commission’s recommendations
- Prepare Board/ Commission papers on technical issues as required.
- Master’s Degree in Economics or Statistics or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Possession of PhD is an added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience and at least five (5) years in Top management position in a reputable organization.
- Strong credentials on undertaking and managing research assignments for over ten (10) years.
- At least published five relevant articles in refereed journals.
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic and cultural research involving diverse survey methodologies.
- A good understanding of econometrics and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling.
- Advanced technical skills in Modeling, Research and Management.
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams to attain departmental goals.
How to Apply
Note the following changes in the designations:
Assistant Director, Research (Macro/Micro) changes to Manager, Research (Macro/Micro) (CRA 4)
Assistant Director, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis changes to Senior Analyst, Revenue Allocation and Budget Analysis (CRA 4)
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Thursday
29th March 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
Application for the position of ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission On Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: