Commercial Bank Of Africa Job Vacancies 2018 for Collections Manager
The Portfolio Operations – Collections and Recoveries Manager is responsible for supervising collections and recoveries activities in all markets that CBA shall operate with the aim to optimize the performance of the NBV credit portfolio, through co-ordination and control of the daily collections activities of the internal and/or outsourced Collections Teams, ensuring corrective actions are identified on time. The role shall also ensure full compliance with the core principles of good lending enshrined in the Credit Policy, Banking Act, and Central Bank prudential guidelines in the respective markets.
The role holder shall be directly responsible for the management of credit risk within this service section and continuously optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of the resources deployed to the unit.
- Implementation of effective collection and recovery strategies that will ensure efficient administration
- practices and maximization of conversion rates for collections within target in all markets. (50%)
- Quality leadership and control of collections teams translating to agent motivation and satisfaction. (30%)
- Drive Collections for NBV Business hand in hand with the regional collections teams/service providers and develop Governance around the collection and posting process (10%)
- Agent training and development to attain competence requirements for the defined productivity standards. (10%)
- Performance Management to optimize own and team’s productivity
- Technical (Credit) skills to effectively perform, allocate and/or guide collections activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Portfolio monitoring skills to effectively perform portfolio monitoring and reporting activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Remedial Management skills to effectively perform remedial management activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Strong numerical and credit analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), service providers, debt collection teams and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern credit and operational risk management practices to initiate and implement tactical changes to support business performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Quality orientation to facilitate management of services provided by partners and adherence to laid down policies and procedures in remedial management operations.
- Report Writing Skills
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and internal control guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Planning and organizing skills for effectiveness in allocating and coordinating team operations on a daily basis.
- Understanding of Credit and financial analysis principles
- At least an undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or similar commercial/financial disciplines.
- Experience with portfolio management and reporting.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in banking and/or finance, including at least 2 years in
- Debt Management in the Retail and SME areas
- Experience in Partnership management.
- Experience with office automation tools.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: