Coalition on Violence Against Women Job Vacancy 2019 for Finance Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Coalition on Violence Against Women Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Coalition on Violence Against Women Job Vacancies Job Vacancy 2019
Coalition on Violence against Women (COVAW) is a Kenyan women’s rights organization, founded on human rights and feminist principles, that seeks to promote womens’ rights. COVAW works towards a society free from all forms of violence against women and girls.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of financial controls and procedures.
- Review all payment requests in order to certify correctness and ensures all appropriate supporting documents have been provided and correct budget lines used. Thereafter preparing payment vouchers and ensuring the disbursement of payments.
- Writing and disbursing cheques, facilitating banking duties
- Support the procurement process for program activities
- Prepare for and support program activities, meetings, trainings in the office and outside.
- Support the staff imprest funds requisitions and liquidation processes
- Support the payment of field costs for participants and vendors, send payment notifications and follow up for receipts.
- Compile payment documents for reporting to finance.
- Enable electronic sharing of information between projects and finance team; scanning of documents
- Coordinate the sending and receiving of documents to the field staff, including checking for completeness and accuracy of requests and with managing leave schedule for programs
- Timely management of supplies and utilities for head and field offices, including payment of bills.
- Management of petty cash float for head and field offices in compliance with organisational policies
- Ensure that the office environment is maintained in healthy and clean condition at all times
- Strong commitment to COVAW’s values and principles
- Adherence to organisational rules and policies, timelines and deadlines
- Enables seamless communication and exchange of documents between field and head office
- Organisational funds utilized in cost effective manner that demonstrates value for money
- Supporting team work and mutual respect between colleagues
- Able and willing to work irregular hours, including occasional weekends.
Required qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, or CPA, qualification in administration, project management or other related discipline.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices.
- Understanding of financial management processes and procurement.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to completion
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Computer Literacy (including excel skills).
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate COVAW values as follows: Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Solidarity.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their application and cover letter with subject “Finance Assistant” by 18th January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will be reviewed as they are received. COVAW encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: