Co-operative Bank Job Vacancy 2019 for AML Analyst
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Co-operative Bank Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Co-operative Bank Job Vacancy 2019
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965.
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
The ideal candidate should possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of AML Law, guidelines and procedures and be able to demonstrate the practical application and practice of the same. She/he should demonstrate the ability to meet customer needs and collaborate with diverse teams.
This position requires flexibility, creativity and the ability to operate in a team environment. The person must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills and should be able to operate in a fast paced and fluid environment with extensive experience in communicating analytic findings to diverse audiences.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the AML Analyst will be responsible for ensuring efficient identification, monitoring and timely reporting of suspicious activities and transactions in the Bank. She/he will also be required to analyze information received from high risk customers and address sanction related alerts.
- Investigate and assess alerts relating to potential money laundering risks in the bank.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions and reporting of the same to Head of Compliance and FRC.
- Stay current with money laundering and terrorist financing behaviors, issues, policies, regulations, criminal typologies, industry best practices, and developing trends.
- Identify potential systemic procedural weaknesses in processes and additional training requirements for the Bank.
- Act as a subject matter expert to employees, providing guidance on what actions to take in dealing with high risk customers. This entails developing and maintaining a current knowledge of industry AML initiatives and best practices coupled with general awareness of AML regulatory changes and assisting project teams in remaining compliant.
- Assist with addressing internal queries (from within the bank) and external queries (from financial institutions and regulators) relating to money laundering matters.
- Carry out AML compliance training on how to identify and report suspicious transactions.
- Collect documentary proof, build and maintain case files for transactions deemed suspicious.
- Analyze and provide periodic reports to Head of Compliance.
- Ensure effective record-keeping of data collected and analyzed in line with Proceeds of Crime and AML regulations 2013.
- Take responsibility for leading the analysis, design and development of innovative and best practice AML and Bank Solutions to deliver business objectives, optimal system performance and Compliance.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business/ICT related field from a recognized University.
- Possession of Anti-Money Laundering diploma or Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or as a Compliance Officer with hands on experience in handling AML issues and suspicious transaction monitoring systems.
- Superb data analysis skills coupled with ability to organize and analyze complex data sets.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to easily grasp and comprehend AML risks in the bank and to develop user requirements as well as recommend automated solutions to mitigate those risks.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number AMLA/CD/2019 by 16th April, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: