CitiGroup Job Vacancies 2018 for Operations Control Head
• Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Highlight to senior management all concerns arising from failure of controls that could result in losses and/or reputational risks.
- Ensure that the reviews conducted have a corrective action follow up mechanism through i-caps.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and local policy as well as local and global regulatory environment.
- Participate in all aspects of assessments, in accordance with Internal Audit standards and/or regulatory statutes.
- Participate in training and developing other staff in audit, risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Understand and accurately evaluate risks and controls as they relate to business objectives.
- Use available technology and automation tools to appropriately improve processes within the department and business in general.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business and to acquire greater knowledge of the products and processes.
- Implement the Fraud Management program appropriate for the business in conjunction with BUFM and CSIS.
- Develop and report on control metrics that facilitate management oversight over operations.
- Monitor and ensure the execution of corrective action plans(CAPs), remediation of audit and regulatory issues and ensure compliance with policies by country and legal vehicleJob Background/context:
The position has oversight of Operations control in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia to ensure compliance, consistency of approach and efficiency.
• The position provides oversight on operations control activities covering East African countries –Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Uganda.
- Planning the control reviews by selecting the appropriate quality assurance approach, methodology and preparing the test plan that best suits the product and process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control by Analysing/flowcharting the different processes in order to evaluate controls, identify inefficient processes.
- Performing the actual control tests, selecting sample, performing analytical reviews, and checking adherence to corporate policies.
- Preparing controls assessment reports for senior management, discussing issues with relevant business unit heads.
- Influencing the design and improvement of processes to ensure that appropriate controls exist to manage risks efficiently.
- Responsible for communicating to upper management issues that surface and unresolved issues.
- Co-ordinating the Operations and Technology self-assessment (MCAs) and DCFCs processes for the bank.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day functions of other employees in the Unit and to up-date the Controls Plan.
- Assist the Fraud Manager on handling, investigating and reporting of fraud incidents and attempts.
- Ensure that all performance indicators/KRIs for management from Operations Control are availed as and when required.
- Co-ordinate and undertake training of all new staff on role of Operations Control and basic Business expectation from the staff. Assign work to other staff in the unit.
- Participate in regional assignments relating to Peer reviews and assistance to other countries in the cluster when the need arises, such as Internal Audit Preparation.
- Undertake consolidation of functions (or Outsourcing) that would otherwise lead to inefficiency when done departmentally for instance Deviation approvals and bank wide departmental designations.
- Any other function/duty or responsibility that may be assigned from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business.Development Value:
The job will expose the candidate to:
- Leadership and Responsibility for the Operations Control Function in the sub-cluster
- Dealing with diverse groups of people in different geographical locations.
- Performance Management and exposure to Business Management across the sub-cluster.
- Ensure standard approach throughout the sub-clusterKnowledge/Experience:
• 10 years’ work experience; with at least 5 years in a large audit firm.
• Business, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent related undergraduate degree
- CPA or CPS qualification would be an added advantageCompetencies:
• Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues and who has strong leadership capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Planning and Organizing
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- An energetic and highly motivated self-driven individual with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals.Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: