Church World Service Job Vacancy 2018 for Senior Caseworker, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Church World Service job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Church World Service Job Vacancy 2018
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Senior Caseworker Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two (2) years of paid work experience is required.
- Casework or previous resettlement experience is preferred.
- Prior USRAP Field Processing experience preferred.
- Second language an advantage; French, Somali, Tigrinya, Amharic, Kinyarwanda or Arabic preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
The Senior Caseworker must have the ability to:
- travel extensively throughout the regions, sometimes on short notice and under difficult conditions;
- accurately type 40 word per minute at 96% accuracy;
- pass the regularly administered job knowledge assessments at 80% or higher;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;.
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Africa
How to Apply
Please click the below link to apply directly online to this position.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: