Chuka University Job Vacancy for Administrative Assistant, Application Details
Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
Table of Contents
Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Should have knowledge and experience in using computerized management information systems applications and tools
- Exemplary work performance
- 1 year experience in Administrative Duties would be an added advantage
Duties for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Assist in the implementation of administrative functions of the department or sections
- Manage appearance of the office and order replacement of furniture and equipment
- Taking minutes and typing minutes of meetings in section, departments and University committees.
- Ascertain meetings and workshop venues conducted by the head of departments and sections
- Ascertain Scheduled times and calendar dates
- Circulate agendas, programs and action points to relevant officers
- Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
How to Apply
Applicants MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Directorate of Criminal Investigation(DCI)
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website www.chuka.ac.ke for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions
Method Of Application:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December 2017
Vice-Chancellor Chuka University P.O. Box 109-60400 Chuka
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.
Share this post with your Friends: