Christian Health Association of Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Programme Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Christian Health Association of Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Christian Health Association of Kenya Job Vacancy 2018
CHAK is a national faith based organization of the protestant churches, health institutions and programmes from all over Kenya which was established in 1946 and dedicated to promoting universal health access to quality health care.
The Purpose of CHAK is to promote access to quality health care by facilitating health facilities to deliver accessible, comprehensive, quality health services to the people of Kenya in accordance with Christian values, professional ethics and the national health sector policies and guidelines.
CHAK is implementing HIV and AIDS/TB, RMNCH/FP activities in Nairobi County under the USAID funded AFYA Jijini project as a subcontractor to IMA in Kenya.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified and highly motivated individual to the position of Reproductive Health, Maternal New born and Child Health / Family Planning (RMNCH/FP) Programme Officer for the Afya Jijini Project.
Summary roles and responsibilities:
- The MNCH/FP Programme Officer, working under the guidance of the overall MNCH/FP lead will be responsible for implementing a range of RMNCH/FP strategies within the designated County health facilities in Nairobi under the USAID-funded Afya Jijini project.
- The MNCH, FP PO will provide technical support to the project activities to scale up quality Basic and Emergency obstetric and neonatal care (BEmONC and EmONC) in the county.
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the RMNCH TWG, and relevant quality improvement structures at both Sub county and facility level including Work Improvement Teams. S/He will strengthen the MPDSR committees to ensure that all maternal deaths and near misses including cases of obstetrics fistulas, emergency hysterectomies due to PPH from labor complications etc. have been documented and audited within 24-48 hours of occurrence.
- Further s/he will support the scale up of family planning services in the sub-county health facilities with a focus on availing choices at every supported facility.
- Working with the community engagement, the Programme Officer will develop innovative community level models that support uptake of FP, early ANC attendance and retention to 4th ANC, and finally increased facility based deliveries, aggressive MNCH approaches in informal settlement with high perinatal deaths.
- The PO will represent Afya Jijini project in relevant sub county and facility technical meetings. Working with the TB/HIV specialist and cluster leads s/he will support RH/HIV integration in the supported facilities.
- The PO will also be tasked with building the technical capacity of facility based health Care workers in RMNCH/FP, Preparing biweekly, monthly and semiannual and annual project reports to contribute the consolidated AFYA Jijini project reports.
Essential (or desirable) skills, qualifications and experience
- Nursing /medical qualification (Diploma or Degree)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in successful field implementation of RH/FP programs in Kenya.
- Demonstrable skills in rolling out GoK-endorsed approaches that result in improved uptake of services for, reproductive health, maternal health and family planning.
- Experience conducting training and capacity building related to data quality, data dissemination and information use, and other M&E related issues for health facility staff is critical.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform; ability to manage several major multidimensional activities simultaneously.
- Experience working on U.S. government (PEPFAR) or other large donor-funded projects preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing skills, including writing of reports.
How to Apply
Applications together with CV, contacts of 2 referees and copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates should be sent by Email or mail to the contact below;
The General Secretary P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Tel. (020) 4441920 / 0733-334419
Email: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving all applications is October 18, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: