Christian Aid Job Vacancy 2018 for Communications Officer NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Christian Aid Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Christian Aid Job Vacancy 2018
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations. It is currently working in more than 50 countries and has been working in Kenya since 1997. The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
Christian Aid requires a Compliance Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya for a USAID funded OVC programme to and work in collaboration with other functional units and sub-awardees to assure compliance with cooperative agreement provisions, applicable USAID rules and regulations, organisational policies and procedures.
Christian Aid is a humanitarian and development organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life with dignity, free from poverty.
Roles for the Knowledge Management & Communications Officer Job
- The Knowledge Management and Communication Officer will be part of the team on the CASE-OVC project funded by USAID and work in collaboration with other functional units led by Chief of Party for effective programme communication and knowledge management.
- The role will support the effective project communication, knowledge management, donor branding and marking, and documentation of the programs achievement, failures and lessons. The role holder will lead in regular content generation for communication to stakeholders including communities, partners, internal audiences, USAID, government authorities, and the general public. The role will be responsible for project’s website and social media management. In collaboration with implementing team, he/she will lead in photography/videography, branding and visibility plus creation and management of IEC materials. The role will support with capacity building of project staff and local implementing partners on communication and knowledge management. S/he will lead project in editorial responsibilities. (40%)
- In line with Christian Aid and donor policies, the role will support the project in knowledge management both internal and external. It will internally be handling, managing and making information easily accessible to all that need it. For external issues, the role will work in collaboration with Chief of Party and technical specialists in creating, organizing, sharing, and using information and experiences. (20%)
- S/he will engage with donor reporting and project management team to ensure evidence-based reporting and communication products are developed through planning, drafting, proof-reading, fact-checking and cite-checking project documents as needed (15%)
- The role will ensure a strong linkage exists between the project and Christian Aid’s advocacy agenda. Through advocacy communication and marketing, he/s will develop and nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders in the CASE-OVC project including County Government and other development partners. (15%).
- Personal development through learning, training, conference, workshops, publications (10%)
- Develop and implement the project communication, knowledge management and branding and marking strategy and annual plans to advance the USAID CASE-OVC programme visibility.
- Work with technical teams to capture, document and develop a collection of success stories, failures, and lessons learnt from the field and have a library of stories for use in reports, articles, communications activities, impact assessment and for fundraising purposes.
- Support the development of project deliverables, including coordinating information gathering for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and for annual work plans, and support with writing and proofreading technical reports and research publications.
- Event coordination and management providing communication and media support to the technical teams on prioritized special events, days, moments, research disseminations meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Manage the branding and marking for CASE-OVC activities, events, assets, offices and communication material etc in line with USAID branding and marking plan and guidelines.
- Capacity building and support to project staff and local implementing partners in communication, branding & marking, collection of communications content including use of photography, video, journals, and story gathering, and photo evaluation among others.
- Ensure data protection, safeguarding and child protection in all communication and knowledge management data collection, storage, sharing and dissemination in line with the General Data Protection Regulations and relevant legislations.
The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Knowledge Management and Communication Officer is a key position for overseeing all aspects as pertains to communication, knowledge management, branding and marking, and documenting content for the USAID CASE- OVC grant. The role is key in providing support to CASE-OVC to ensure excellence in project’s communication to stakeholders through documentation, content generation, social media and website management, advocacy communication with partners and communities, branding and visibility, and knowledge management.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect. What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important? What was your task? What outcomes were being sought? What actions did you take? How did you take them? What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful?
Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others. What was the situation? What did you need to communicate effectively? How did you make sure the message was understood by others? What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?
Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required. What was your context? What was your task/responsibility? How did you make your plan? What actions did you take? What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: