China Road and Bridge Corporation Recruitment for Driver (Kenya) – 60 Positions
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for China Road and Bridge Corporation Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
China Road and Bridge Corporation Recruitment 2018
CRBC is the contractor of Mombasa Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway project (hereinafter the “Railway” or “SGR”). SGR starts from Port Reitz Station in Mombasa and ends at Nairobi Terminus Station. The total length of the main line is 471.65 km (including the Nairobi ICD Relief Line at 1.42 km), the length of the station tracks is 133.3 km, and the length of the Mombasa Port Relief Line is 2.041 km (excluding the diverging tracks for Berths No.1 to No. 10). 33 stations will be in operation, including 2 depot stations, 8 intermediate stations and 23 passing stations. The Railway crosses and runs in parallel with Highway A109 and the existing Meter Gauge Railway, passes through Kenya’s Tsavo National Park and Nairobi National Park, and fi nally arrives at Nairobi Terminus Station.
In order to meet the demand for the SGR Operations, CRBC requires the services of the following:
Assistant Locomotive Drivers – 60 positions
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Transportation and Driving
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Locomotive Drivers will be responsible to the Locomotive Inspectors for driving locomotives both on the main line and shunting in traffic yards. The specific duties will include:
- Driving Locomotives on the main line.
- Shunting in traffic yards
- Observing safety of the train and that of the public
- Controlling train speed as per operating procedures
- Inspection of train and cargo
- Frequent physical look out for the train to ensure that train is following in a proper manner
- KCSE Certificate Mean Grade of C or its equivalent with a pass in Math, Sciences, English and Kiswahili
- Have undertaken and passed Mandatory Locomotive Drivers test
- Must be physically fit and ready to undertake a comprehensive eye test
- Must have a minimum experience of two years of driving on the mainline and shunting
- Must have experience on all classes of locomotives
- Diploma in Mechanical or Civil Engineering will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to drop their applications including a detailed CV, copies of their certificates, certificate of Good Conduct and latest recommendation letters at CRBC (K) Mombasa – Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway operation and maintenance project head office in Syokimau.
Applications to be addressed to;
Human Resource Manager MNSGR Operation & Maintenance Project Head Office China Road and Bridge Corporation (Kenya)
Clearly indicate on the envelope position applied for.
Applications can also be sent to [email protected]. Clearly indicated Name-ID-Applied Position as the subject of your email
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is 22nd May, 2018.
NOTE: CRBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: