ChildFund International Job Vacancies 2018 for Project Coordinator
Project: Strengthening the Capacity of Pastoral Communities to Address Food Supply Gaps through Rangeland Management under Climate Change Governance
Position: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Programs Director
1 Position (20 months contract). Project to be implemented in Samburu North and Turkana Central Sub- Counties
The incumbent has the overall responsibility for project implementation and preparation of reports, working directly with respective County Governments and the community members on the ground. He/she also provides technical support to all stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the project. In liaison with the Program Manager of the area, the incumbent will actively participate in program planning, implementation and reporting to both Country Office and the donor.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- successfully strengthen the Community Based Management of Environment and Natural Resources and build the capacity of targeted communities in climate change adaptation and environmental skills
- Providing leadership and guidance to the project team on all activities that will be implemented
- Identifying and applying effective measures to realize the rights of the children, their families and communities through strengthening the Capacity of Pastoral Communities to address food supply gaps through rangeland management
- Identification of capacity building needs of community members including children and youth on the project to ensure informed selection, planning and management of community activities.
- Provide technical advice, backstopping and capacity building to staff, partners, children, community based organizations/structures and community volunteers in climate change adaptation and rangeland management.
- Designing and implementing capacity building activities that ensure that children, youths and communities understand the importance of community based management of environment and natural resources.
- Coordinate the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the “Strengthening the Capacity of Pastoral Communities to Address Food Supply Gaps through Rangeland Management” project
- Ensure constant monitoring of activities to ensure the impact of the project
- Identify and apply effective measures with and for communities to be able to manage their own grazing zones.
- Ensuring that the project budgets of the Strengthening the Capacity of Pastoral Communities to Address Food Supply Gaps through Rangeland Management project is spent according to the implementation plan
- Establishing partnerships with NGO’S and government entities and various stakeholders to increase long term sustainability of the project
Candidates will need to demonstrate possession of:
- Degree in Forestry, Agriculture, Natural Resources or other related studies
- Three (3) years working experience in the field of environment, climate change adaptation and livelihood.
- Five (5) years’ experience in project management
- Experience in coordination, facilitating learning processes and managing relationships of various stakeholders
- Experience in writing donor reports
- Strategic thinking
- Nurturing & developing others
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Team-playing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: