CDL Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Plant Operator
This position is responsible for ensuring that the operation of the power plant is safely and efficiently carried out in accordance with plant safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the company
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by company and OSHA
- Monitor the performance and condition of the plant and ensure that it meets its generation requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of safe work permits.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of plant activities.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Review routine operating data, troubleshoot abnormal indication and take corrective actions.
- Participate in the administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals.
- Good communication skills, must cooperate with his team members, team player
- Maintain proficiency in plant operations and respond to plant recovery following upsets.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend monthly safety meeting.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Minimum of a Diploma in any Engineering field.
- Minimum of an industrial attachment in an Engineering Company, power Generation Company will be an added advantage.
- Must have experience and demonstrated aptitude for operating mechanical and electrical equipment. Ability to read and follow written procedures.
- High level of confidentiality, initiative and the ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations and quickly access all areas of the plant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic Microsoft office computer software.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Job requires approximately sitting 30% and up to standing 70%.
- Job requires approximately sitting 80% with the ability to stay alert.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidate to send their applications to [email protected] on or before 18.3.2018
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: