CDL Kenya Job Vacancies 2018 for Customs Clearance Officer
S/he will be handling Customs clearance. Will liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure clients cargo is cleared in a timely fashion and proper documentation is made.
- Work closely with all stakeholders in planning strategies so as to clear and release the client’s shipment on time
- Assist in prioritizing shipment which requires immediate clearance with customs and prepare report on shipment released and pending shipment to be cleared on a daily basis
- Liaise with customs and other relevant authorities for any issues that will arise during clearance of cargo
- Process customs clearance documentation for the clients and liaise with relevant authorities on a daily basis so as to deliver excellent customer service to all customers
- Work on assigned key account customers to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner
- Continually develop knowledge on customs qualifications, ensuring new regulations are understood and implemented where required
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to export /import administration regulations
- Declaration of warehousing, removal entries and import declaration forms (IDF) in the Simba and Orbus (KRA Online) systems; and submitting them to customs;
- Review and identify the customs documentation requirements;
- Ensure that all documents called for by authorities are submitted promptly;
- Ensure that all cleared goods are also cleared from the company’s system as well as Kenya’s Simba System and the same are properly recorded for future reference;
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters;
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Supervisor and status of outstanding entries for clearance.
- 5-years’ experience in Logistics (local and International).
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures and Simba System
- FEAFFA (Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Association) Certification. Registered as certified customs agents & freight forwarders by East Africa Customs Agents freight forwarders Board (EACAFFB);
- Have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya;
- Punctuality and flexible working hours; and
- Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft office
- Knowledge of documentation requirements
- Must have the ability to clear both sea & air shipments
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th March 2018
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: