Catholic University Job Vacancy For Corporate Secretary, Application Details
Table of Contents
Corporate Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Provide CUEA staff, management and committees as applicable with high quality legal and related advice/analyses tailored to University needs, on matters pertaining to all aspects of CUEA’s statutory mandate and related matters;
- Attend Board meetings, take minutes of proceedings and direct the affairs of the institution by disseminating the decisions of the Management Board to relevant Managers for implementation;
- Provide legal interpretation of statutory and regulatory provisions.
- Prepare and review contracts, leases and other legal documents;
- Prepare legal reports, advice and opinions;
- Represent CUEA in Court matters as need arises;
- Review formulated legal policies and procedures and verify adherence to internal and external regulations;
- Sensitize other CUEA departments on legal matters pertaining to the organization;
- Prepare standard contracts with third parties and advise the CUEA administration on legal contract best practice;
- Manage and coordinate CUEA’s approach towards litigation/other proceedings to which CUEA is party or potentially party;
- Contribute to the development of CUEA policies, regulations and related material pertaining to CUEA’s statutory functions/powers;
- Undertake legal research as required and keep abreast on legal and policy developments;
- Participate in Committees and other fora of relevance as required;
- Manage the sourcing of external legal services;
- Manage CUEA’s relationships with external providers of legal services on an ongoing basis;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- The Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Contracts law.
- Procurement Legislation.
Qualifications for the Corporate Secretary Job
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from recognized institution. Masters Degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- Be a Certified Public Secretary – CPS (K).
- Five (5) years’ post-admission experience, three (3) of which should be in a similar position.
- Membership to the Law society of Kenya (LSK) and the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPS-K).
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Integrity, honesty and ethics.
- Logical reasoning.
- Attention to detail.
- Good negotiations skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A confident and assertive manner.
- Good public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa Office of the Deputy Vice-ChancellorAdministration, Finance And Planning P.O. Box 62157 – 00200
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: