Catholic Diocese of Maralal Job Vacancy 2018 for Resident Medical Officer
Duty Station: Catholic Hospital Wamba
Catholic Hospital Wamba is a third tier mission hospital in Wamba, Samburu County. Our mission is to live the healing mission of Christ within Samburu County and beyond. CHW was begun in 1969 and is managed by the catholic diocese of Maralal.
The Catholic Diocese of Maralal is looking for a committed, flexible and result-oriented professional to fill in the following post:
Position: Resident Medical Officer
Reports to: Medical Officer In charge
Job Purpose: The job holder will ensure quality health care to all patients and maintain high professional ethics and efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and quality services to patients.
- Assess patients and manage the patient case.
- Perform investigative and therapeutic procedures.
- Attend to emergencies both medical and surgical.
- Re-assess and following up patients.
- Ensure proper and cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure accurate and documentation of activities is kept.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Prepare and participate fully in Continuous Medical Education.
- Participate in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team.
- Ensure proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and notify your supervisor of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements.
- Participate in selection of type and nature of medical consumables and equipment to be procured.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor..
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB).
- Be Registered with Kenya Medical Practitioner and Dentist Board.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy hospital.
- Knowledge in medical services.
- Able to work in a challenging and multitasking environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to enforce adherence to policies.
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please send your application together with detailed curriculum vitae by Thursday 30th March 2018 at 5.00 pm.
Human Resources Officer, Catholic Diocese of Maralal, P.O. Box 350 – 20600 Maralal.
Clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Hand Deliveries to be dropped at the reception at Catholic Diocese of Maralal Secretariat offices / Catholic Hospital Wamba.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: